Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What I want from the next President of the United States

What I want from the next President of the United States

1. To protect this country’s borders.
2. To make national security the main objective.
3. To work with others who ever they may be to stomp out islamic fascism.
4. To protect my rights to make my own personal decisions.
5. To make it a priority to stop the “free ride” that undeserving people are receiving.
6. To come up with creative ways to give tax breaks and to keep my taxes at a minimum.
7. Cut federal programs that are wasteful. I. E. a museum to woodstock. Make it the responsibility of individual states to take care of their own. If federal funding is necessary to assist that is fine, but it should be left up to the states to mandate what their people need. Stop federally regulating what states have to do.
8. Allow communities to take care of their own. Through churches and community organizations. Give tax credits and breaks to those organizations to allow this.
9. Make sure that judges and local leaders are upholding the laws of the constitution and not changing it to fit their own needs. The constitution was put in place to protect all of us. Not just the ones who complain the loudest.
10. Make sure that the people understand we were all created as equals. What each individual does with his or her own life is their decision. It is not up to the government to make sure that they each of us are on the same plain. Not all of us are going to live in a mansion and drive nice cars, but the constitution protects the right to strive for anything we want.
11. Healthcare would be nice for all. But nationalized healthcare is not the answer. If doctors did not have to pay outrageous insurance amounts because of insane lawsuits then I believe that would help with the cost of healthcare. Insurance companies truly do rip us off, but they have extreme costs as well that these lawsuits do not help with. If the communities were allowed the resources to help their own then it may be possible for the communities to fill the need of the individuals without healthcare.

I believe with all of my heart that this is the greatest nation ever. Protecting it and protecting the rights of all individuals that are citizens and work and pay to support this great nation should be the president’s main responsibility. I am not sure honestly which republican candidate can do these things for me. And I know that most of what I am asking for is a pipe dream but it would be nice.

No comments: