I must admit he is very captivating. I am referring to Bill Clinton of course. His charisma, I am sure, probably can be smelled let alone felt. When I was young, he was the greatest president. His lies they didn't matter to me. I used the excuse that they wanted me to use, "Oh his sexual habits have nothing to do with how he runs the country". When he wasn’t impeached I didn’t care he was protecting us from the boogiemen in the mideast. Or so I was led to believe.
Last night President Clinton stated, “Together, we prevailed in a hard campaign in which Republicans said I was too young and too inexperienced to be commander-in-chief.”. Let me remind you what transpired the first two years of his presidency and how he reacted.
January 20, 1993
Clinton takes the oath of office
February 26, 1993
A tower of the World Trade Center in New York is damaged by a terrorist bomb.
April 19, 1993
The Branch Davidian Compound near Waco, Texas, is destroyed by fire following a 51-day standoff between federal authorities and followers of religious cult leader David Koresh.
October 1993- A humanitarian operation in Somalia is transformed into a military strike, where Clinton refuses to authorize the availability of armor for proper support. When the ill-supported operation leads to American casualties, Clinton overrides military requests and refuses to allow a properly outfitted military counter-strike. Within a few months, he withdraws American forces.
Civil war between the Hutu and Tutsis erupts in Rwanda. The conflict destabilized the region and results in one of the worst cases of genocide in history.
1995-1996 - Clinton institutes "Citizenship USA" which pressures the US Department of Justice's Immigration and Naturalization Service to naturalize some 1,000,000 new immigrants, even though many had incomplete background checks. This allowed for criminals and terrorists to enter America. Whistleblowers to these activities and the large scale selling of Green Cards were physically threatened and terminated.
As Obama’s running mate states "The Presidency is not something that lends itself to on the job training.” Bill Clinton proved that with the lack of defense he provided for this country during the first 2 years of his presidency. As well as with the Waco fiasco an attack he allowed on the citizens he took an oath to protect by their own country.
The following is a list detailing the many ways President Clinton allowed Bin Laden to escape capture during his 2 terms.
1. Did not follow-up on the attempted bombing of Aden marines in Yemen.
2. Shut the CIA out of the 1993 WTC bombing investigation, hamstringing their effort to capture bin Laden.
3. Had Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, a key bin Laden lieutenant, slip through their fingers in Qatar.
4. Did not militarily react to the al Qaeda bombing in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
5. Did not accept the Sudanese offer to turn bin Laden.
6. Did not follow-up on another offer from Sudan through a private back channel.
7. Objected to Northern Alliance efforts to assassinate bin Laden in Afghanistan.
8. Decided against using special forces to take down bin Laden in Afghanistan.
9. Did not take an opportunity to take into custody two al Qaeda operatives involved in the East African embassy bombings. In another little scoop, I am able to show that Sudan arrested these two terrorists and offered them to the FBI. The Clinton administration declined to pick them up and they were later allowed to return to Pakistan.
10. Ordered an ineffectual, token missile strike against a Sudanese pharmaceutical factory.
11. Clumsily tipped off Pakistani officials sympathetic to bin Laden before a planned missile strike against bin Laden on August 20, 1998. Bin Laden left the camp with only minutes to spare.
The Afghanistan training facility attack fails to get Bin Laden because the Clinton Administration gives Pakistani Intelligence prior notice of their intentions. Pakistani Intelligence had long been known to have elements sympathetic to Al Quaida. They proceeded to give Bin Laden warning and he escaped. There was no follow-up and Bin Laden was again buoyed by our meek approach to the growing terrorist menace.
12-14. Three times, Clinton hesitated or deferred in ordering missile strikes against bin Laden in 1999 and 2000.
15. When they finally launched and armed the Predator spy drone plane, which captured amazing live video images of bin Laden, the Clinton administration no longer had military assets in place to strike the archterrorist.
16. Did not order a retaliatory strike on bin Laden for the murderous attack on the USS Cole.
Last night as I sat watching his speech glorifying a man who has less experience than he did. I kept thinking back to the finger waging “I did not….” lecture this country got when we were concerned about what extra curricular activities were going on in the esteemed oval office. He said last night, “Most important of all, Barack Obama knows that America cannot be strong abroad unless we are first strong at home.” How strong were we when he spent more time with Ms. Lewinsky than his own head of secret service? Did he not take his eyes off the protection of this great nation when he was detained? Did the media hoopla and damage to his family and image not distract him? Did the stain on the blue dress not tarnish our great nation’s image?
He also said, “People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power.” What power did he display when in 1993 he refused to authorize the availability of armor for proper support to our soldiers in Somalia. Our soldiers were killed because of his “show of power” he then shows more “power” by overriding military requests and refuses to allow a properly outfitted military counter-strike. He showed the world that under his administration this country runs home when given a bloody nose.
He lied to us then he was lying last night. The Clintons are scheming and planning. They think that they are showing maturity and party loyalty by supporting Barack Hussein Obama. Because every knows that democrats will vote for whoever has a donkey beside their name. No matter what they believe in, have experience in, or who their bed fellows are.